On Wednesday, at the Biz Sustainability Awards 2022 Gala, Biz Magazine celebrated 11 of the most respected and active companies & NGOs in Romania, organisations that truly understand what it means to be responsible and invest in the communities you belong to.
What is sustainability?
In this context, sustainability includes all the efforts businesses, NGOs and even countries have to make in order to prevent the exhaustion of resources (natural or physical). Harvard Business School measures sustainable business practices in two ways, with the goal of having a positive impact on at least one of these areas:
- the effect a business has on the environment;
- the effect a business has on society.
Sustainable brands and companies form a community of inspired leaders who stimulate innovation in the environments they belong to, offering new values and perspectives. This is especially poignant in Romania, where the last two years have proved that with inspiration, people can do wonders!
The winners of the Biz Sustainability Awards 2022 Gala
Here is the full list of winners:
- PepsiCo Romania – For the introduction of 100% recycled plastic packaging to the entire Pepsi and Mirinda range;
- ASOCIAȚIA ALUZIVA – For the extraordinary efforts to help the refugees from Ukraine;
- PENNY – For the industrial building with the highest BREEAM score, PENNY logistics center from Filiași;
- UniCredit Bank – For the Social Impact Banking program, which identifies, finances and promotes people and businesses with a positive impact in the community;
- CODE FOR ROMANIA – For the “CINE CE FACE” solution;
- CARREFOUR Romania – For the “Creștem Romania Bio” program;
- ENEL GREEN POWER – For circular carbon reduction solutions;
- URSUS BREWERIES – For the purchase of 100% renewable electricity for all the company’s factories;
- VEOLIA Romania – For the “Veolia – campion al transformării ecologice” Campaign;
- Nespresso – For the local implementation of the coffee capsule recycling program;
- ESSILOR Romania – For the “Privește în viitor” project, jointly developed by Vision for Life Paris and Save the Children Romania.